How a HIT works in practice…
Decide which HIT is most appropriate and sign up.
There are currently over 30 HITS to chose from.
To help you focus, you may wish to consider performance review shortfalls, newly promoted team-players, skills-gaps following business re-directions; etc.
The HIT starts when people receive their Hub which has been specifically adapted for the HIT they are involved in. The Hub is the one stop shop for everything that is needed for the HIT and includes:
- Video welcome from the facilitator.
- Link to canvas for the HIT which will contain the thoughts and work of everyone on involved in the HIT and can start to be built from the moment the Hub has been received.
- Invite to the interaction element of the HIT.
- Video explanations of how to use the canvas and the conferencing facility.
- Course material, including written text, video, links and reading lists.
- Action Plans
- Course Feedback
Start completing the canvas for the HIT, this will depend upon the HIT but is designed to get people to start thinking about the HIT material and how it applies to themselves and the work that they do. The canvas gives people the opportunity to say what they think and feel without being talked over or feeling like they are putting themselves in the spotlight (content on the canvas can be anonymous).